Death in the Family
It is with sadness that the New York City Police Department announces the death of a member of our family. Police Communications Technician Ava Walker, who was assigned to the NYPD’s Communications Section, died on Tuesday, March 31, 2020, from coronavirus-related complications. Police Communications Technician Walker became a member of the NYPD on September 24, 1999.
Officers continue to visit restaurants, bars, supermarkets, salons and public spaces to remind individuals of the ban on congregating in public spaces and to practice social distancing.
Between 08:00 a.m., Monday, April 06, 2020 and 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 07, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 2,727 supermarkets of which 1,524 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 7,109 bars and restaurants of which 5,852 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 1,239 public places of which 722 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 3,212 personal care facilities of which 3,212 were closed.
* There were no arrests or summonses issued in regard to these visits.
NYPD Officers on Sick Report
On Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 7,060 uniformed members of the NYPD were on sick report which accounts for 19.50% of the Department’s uniformed workforce. Currently, 2,006 uniformed members and 338 civilian members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Flattening the Curve on Twitter