What is Cycle of Support: Ride for Children’s Mental Health?
Children’s mental health impacts all of us – every community, every school, and every family is touched by it in some way.
Kids face mental health challenges just as grownups do, be it anxiety, depression, mood disorders, autism, attention deficit disorders, and more. Youth also experience physical and sexual abuse, family violence, parental separation, emotional neglect, and substance misuse within a household. There are countless youth in need of support.
Cycle of Support is a half day charity event whose proceeds fund a broad range of mental health programs for kids in New York City and Westchester. The ride is designed for teams, families, and individuals alike to experience a great cycling course while helping kids have healthier childhoods.
During treatment with Xanax, you should refrain from engaging in potentially dangerous activities that require increased attention and speed of psychomotor reactions (driving vehicles or working with mechanisms). The simultaneous use of psychotropic, anticonvulsants, drugs and ethanol may cause an increase in the depressing effect of https://xanaxbest.com on the central nervous system.
How Much Money Do I Need to Raise?
Along with a participation fee of $125 ($25 for children), we encourage our riders raise a minimum of $500. To register, please visit here.
Where Does the Money Raised Go?
Funds raised through Cycle of Support go to The Jewish Board, a nonprofit dedicated to helping children of all religions, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, and gender identifications across the five boroughs of New York City and Westchester. These critical programs:
- Provide abused kids who can’t live at home, a safe and supportive residence to recover
- Protect children who have experienced domestic violence and get them on a path to recovery
- Develop stronger, healthier parent and child relationships through counseling services
- Fund services to keep children with their families that are facing challenges
- Ensure kids can go to school and focus on learning in a positive environment.
- Fund different early childhood centers from Harlem to Brownsville and Coney Island, so that parents can build strong and safe bonds with their children
- Ensure that children get the psychiatric treatment they need when they are facing serious mental illnesses
- Empower us to proactively address one of NYC’s major health challenges: access to high-quality mental health services.
When and Where is the Ride?
Cycle of Support is on September 15, 2019 at Purchase College, located at 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577 — directly across from the entrance to the Pepsi corporate offices.
How Difficult is the Ride?
Cycle of Support has something for everyone; participants can choose the distance that best fits their skill level and interest.
Families and casual riders can enjoy a 10 mile course, while more experienced riders can tackle challenging 20 or 62 mile courses.
For information on start times and the course, please review the Day of the Ride information.
During the ride, cyclists pedal through the scenic byways of Upper Westchester with tasty snacks and beverages at rest stops to help everyone pace themselves. After the ride, the fun continues with a festive BBQ, massages, and more.
Kid Activities include:
- Arts & Crafts
- Tic Tac Toe
- Ring Toss
- Lawn Bowling
- Kids Relay Race
After the ride, you can win prizes like dinner gift certificates, passes to local events, and bike gear! Anyone who donates or raises $250 or more is entered into our Official Bike Ride raffle.Everyone who visits our information booth receives an entry for our Family Fun raffle.
To register, please visit here.