One in every ten youth in the U.S. has a mental health challenge with the potential to severely impair them during their lifetimes. We ride to empower today’s youth in New York with the resources they deserve.
Children’s mental health impacts all of us – every community, every school, and every family is touched by it in some way. Nearly 30% of parents report that removing children from social environments due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 has had a negative effect on their children’s mental health and wellbeing. Returning them to a school year full of unknowns means they need even more mental health supports than ever.
Although this year’s ride will look different, your support is needed now more than ever. Help us raise awareness, fundraise, and ride to help young New Yorkers thrive. From September 13th to the 30th, join us for:
- Online workshops where mental health professionals discuss children’s mental health and answer your questions;
- A tour of a children’s residential program with staff discussing how they help children thrive during COVID-19;
- An exciting closing celebration where we will thank you, share how your support is helping young New Yorkers thrive, and celebrate the top teams and individuals.
Where Does the Money Raised Go?
Funds raised through Cycle of Support go to The Jewish Board, a nonprofit dedicated to helping children of all religions, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, and gender identifications across the five boroughs of New York City and Westchester.
These are some of the critical programs we support:
- Provide abused kids who cannot live at home, a safe and supportive residence to recover;
- Protect children who have experienced domestic violence and get them on a path to recovery;
- Develop stronger, healthier parent and child relationships through counseling services;
- Fund services to keep children with their families that are facing challenges;
- Ensure kids can go to school and focus on learning in a positive environment;
- Fund different early childhood centers from Harlem to Brownsville and Coney Island, so that parents can build strong and safe bonds with their children;
- Ensure that children get the psychiatric treatment they need when they are facing serious mental illnesses;
- Empower us to proactively address one of NYC’s major health challenges: access to high-quality mental health services.
We hope you will join us and hundreds of others who want to ensure children throughout our area feel safe, secure, and supported.
Ready to register, please do so here.
For more information, please visit here.