Last Friday, Prologis employees from the company’s New York-New Jersey office volunteered at Rocking the Boat, a nonprofit focused on youth development through wooden boatbuilding and environmental science in the South Bronx.
Approximately 60 volunteers helped sand, repaint and varnish boats from Rocking the Boat’s fleet as well as weeded, mulched and planted flowers at Hunts Point Riverside Park.
“Rocking the Boat and Prologis have a shared goal to support the Bronx community,” said Adam Green, founder and executive of Rocking the Boat. “Their team’s continued commitment helps us to engage over 3,000 young people and community members annually in wooden boatbuilding, environmental science, and sailing STEM-based and life-changing programs.”
This year marks more than a decade of Prologis’ IMPACT Days, the annual global employee day of service. Since 2013, employees have volunteered over 100,000 hours around the world, including New York.
- Prologis hosted its annual employee day of service, IMPACT Day, on May 12, 2023, marking the company’s eleventh year of a company-wide day of service.
- Approximately 2,500 Prologis employees volunteered with non-profits in 19 countries across four continents.
- IMPACT Day is one of several ways Prologis contributes to its local communities.
- Since 2013, employees have volunteered nearly 80,000 hours.
- Prologis’ Space for Good Program has provided $20M of in-kind logistics space donations over the past five years (2018-2022).
- The company also encourages employees to give and volunteer on an individual basis through its Matching Gifts and Dollars for Doers programs.
Prologis is a leader in logistics real estate and sustainable development. It has been part of the New York area for over 20 years, with 80 team members living and working in New York and New Jersey.
The company provides modern logistics facilities to approximately 450 customers of all shapes and sizes, helping them manage and grow their business. Their facilities help deliver products people need to live their daily lives, including food, medicine, baby formula and more.
Prologis builds long-term relationships with its communities and take its commitment to the Bronx neighborhood seriously.
The Prologis team has partnered with Rocking the Boat in a variety of ways, including boat refurbishment, landscaping, donations, and more.
To learn more, please visit here.