During a time or record high unemployment one agency in New York City is offering Free training and adult education classes to NYC residents. Highbridge Community Life Center (HCLC) is giving new economic opportunity to those interested in taking advantage of its innovative full service support curriculum.
HCLC provides a wide range of free educational and social services for the community. HCLC’s mission is to empower the people of Highbridge and surrounding communities through a full circle of support services.
The city-wide acclaimed Certified Nurses Aide Training Program is a 22-week program that trains students to become NYS certified Nurse Aides. The training consists of an introduction to Nursing, Nurse Aide Theory and Laboratory Practice, Clinical Training and an internship. Graduates of this course are eligible for free EKG and Phlebotomy training after three months of employment as a certified Nurse Aide.
Some of the past year’s highlights include:
- 1,548 students completed courses in Literacy, English as a Second Language, GED and many more programs.
- 156 women increased marketable skills and employment opportunities with job training, such as Nurse Aide Training.
- 508 people strengthened interpersonal relationships within families through counseling, psychotherapy, and holographic re-patterning.
- 233 youth advanced in academic achievement, life-long learning and service commitment through after school tutoring, homework help, coaching, and project planning. Immigrants became citizens.
- 50 people expanded their ability to improve their neighborhood through leadership development activities and a community newspaper.
- 250 youth participated in Recreation Center activities, summer camp and weekend workshops in Goshen.
- 136 youth and adults participated in the Growing Assets Process to identify their strengths and plan on how to use them.
Contact Ronnie Hector or Farrah at: 718–681–2222 or 646–867–4017.
Highbridge Community Life Center is available for community spotlights and can provide detailed success stories on graduates and participants.
For more information, please visit here.