Publication Summons

Published on July 20, 2014, 7:03 am
FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites 4 mins

Divorce – 40101
Case No. 14 FA 48

In Re: Tha marriage of

Linda P. McKnight


Tommie McKnight


You are notified that the petitioner named above has filed a Petition for divorce or legal separation against you.

You must respond with a writen demand for a copy of the Petition within 40 (fourty) days from the day after the first date of publication.

The demand must be sent or delivered to the Court at:

Clerk Of Court, Dane County Courthouse
215 S. Hamilton Street, Room 2000
Madison, WI 53703

and to

Linda P. McKnight
4118 Major Avenue
Madison, WI 53716

It is recommended, but not required, that you have an attorney help or represent you.

If you do not demand a copy of the Petition within 45 (forty-five) days, the court may grant judgement against you for the award of money or other legal action requested in the Petition, and you may lose your right to object to anything that is or may be incorrect in the Petition.

A judgment may be enforced as provided by law. A judgment awarding money may become a lien against any real estate you own now or in the future, and may also be enforced by garnishment or seizure of property.

You are further notified that if the parties to this action have minor children, violations of §948.31, Wis. Stats., (Interference with custody by parent or others) is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment.

If you and the Petitioner have minor children, documents setting forth the percentage standard for child support established by the department under §49.22(9), Wis. Stats., and the factors that a court may consider for modification of that standard under §767.511(1m), Wis. Stats., are available upon your request from the Cler of the Court.

You are notified of the availability of information from the Circuit Court Commissioner as set forth in §767.105, Wis. Stats.

§767.105 Information from Circuit Court Commissioner

(2) Upon the request of a party to an action affecting the family, including a revision of judgment or order under sec. §767.59 or §767.451:

(a) The circuit Court Commissioner shall, with or without charge, provide the party with written information on the following, as appropriate to the action commenced:

1. The procedure for obtaining a judgment or order in the action.
2. The major issues usually addressed in such action.
3. Community resources and family court counseling services available to assist the parties.
4. The procedure for setting, modifying, and enforcing child support awards, or modifying and enforcing legal custody or physical placement judgments or orders.

(b) The circuit Court Commissioner shall provide a party, for inspection or purchase, with a copy of the statutory provisions in this chapter generally pertinent to the action.

If you require reasonable accommodations due to a disability to participate in the court process, please call: 608-266-4311 at least 10 (ten) working days prior to the scheduled court date. Please note that the court does not provide transportation.

Linda P. McKnight /signed/
June 25, 2014

Jonas Bronck is the pseudonym under which we publish and manage the content and operations of The Bronx Daily.™ | - the largest daily news publication in the borough of "the" Bronx with over 1.5 million annual readers. Publishing under the alias Jonas Bronck is our humble way of paying tribute to the person, whose name lives on in the name of our beloved borough.