This Spring, dazzling blooms and stunning floral landscapes take root as the Macy’s Flower Show® brings a floral celebration of fortitude to Macy’s flagship store at Herald Square in New York.
From Sunday, May 02 through Sunday, May 16, 2021, Give. Love. Bloom. will enchant floral aficionados as they explore over-the-top gardens both inside the flagship’s main floor, balcony level and famed windows and this year for the first time-ever with a special presentation at Herald Square Park.
With the spirit of renewal and new days of hope on the horizon, Macy’s annual celebration has been reimagined to safely bring the magic of spring to life for guests in and around the world-famous store.
“The 2021 Macy’s Flower Show will feature magnificently landscaped gardens inspired by the feeling of hope for a brighter year ahead,” said Rick Pomer, creative director, Macy’s Flower Show. “Give. Love. Bloom. will awe spectators, kicking off the spring season with an immersive, floral spectacular that will delight the senses. We are looking forward to welcoming visitors and pedestrians to our magical floral oasis, where the resilient spirit of the city will be in full bloom.”
The iconic spring kickoff has enchanted generations of floral fans with whimsically themed gardens that showcase millions of live flowers, plants, and trees from around the globe. Native to many different landscapes, Macy’s Flower Show offers visitors a unique opportunity to enjoy these florals blooming in unison, despite their distinct climatic DNA. Taking root in unexpected settings, the florals bloom on store countertops, in display windows and specially designed architecture including grand bridges, columns, and topiaries. The 2021 Macy’s Flower Show will be staged in distinct fashion with socially distanced displays and several dazzling hanging elements.
For the first time-ever, guests will have the opportunity to explore a special extension of the show at Herald Square Park. Macy’s in collaboration with the 34th Street Partnership will create this special outdoor oasis helping the neighborhood celebrate the spring season. Lush arches and planters brimming with bright hues will decorate the midtown park. Simultaneously, the world-famous Broadway window displays at Macy’s Herald Square will blossom with hope and love, packed with pretty petals in cool tones of purple, green and blue accentuated with a warm palate of pink, red and yellow.
Highlights of this year’s Macy’s Flower Show include:
- The Kaleidoscope of Courage: Life grows on! This year’s show takes flight with a cluster of colorful butterflies fluttering under an aerial trellis of weeping pink cherry trees, colorama dracaena & rose red caladium.
- The Basking Butterfly Bridge: Visitors can’t miss the larger-than-life butterfly with its gilded wings spread wide to reveal a body of bright blue delphinium, resting on a bridge blossoming with flowering almonds and lemon cypress.
- The Aviary of Aspiration: In this sky-high garden, guests can spot birds perched around a brilliant birdcage bursting with colorful orchids, bromeliads and succulents surrounded by bridges flourishing with flora.
- The Dragonfly Dreamscape: A dynamic dragonfly with wings of gold hovers on a bridge overflowing with gorgeous greenery dappled with red ranunculus, blue hydrangea and aromatic lavender.
- The Open Nest Mobiles: Twirling overhead as spectators explore the show are intricate mobiles carrying cheerful clusters of yellow alstroemeria, orange roses & pink snapdragons.
- The Positivity Promenade: Found on the store’s mezzanine, the butterfly lattice garden with bunches of echinacea & wisteria gives a bird’s eye view of this year’s Macy’s Flower Show while offering a peaceful moment for reflection.
- The Conservatory: An interactive floral destination awaits as guests are invited to snap a selfie in front of living flower walls, pose for the perfect “wing shot,” check out the Designer Spotlight Series arrangements, and visit the interactive Believe wall.
- Specialty Gardens: Golden butterflies perch on DINO, Sinclair Oil’s gleaming green Apatosaurus, as it towers over a colorful bed of yellow echinacea with light pink spikes of safari rose aloe and evergreen mugo pine. In a heart-warming scene from Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, majestic metallic elephants enjoy family time at the watering hole surrounded by bright orange clivia, fiery red begonias and lush ponytail palms.
Fashion Institute of Technology Designs
As part of a special initiative designed to give up-and-coming fashion design students the opportunity to showcase their remarkable work, Macy’s has partnered with one of the nation’s top design schools, Fashion Institute of Technology, to feature the unique designs of select students inspired by the Flower Show’s theme. The awarded student designers are Bryan Barrientos, Yawen Chen, Fatima Eroglu, Juan Kwon, Eunjung Lee, Jonona Mukhtarova and Vicky Zhang. Against a backdrop of vibrant purple and pink flora, the floral themed fashions will be displayed throughout the duration of the spectacle at Macy’s Herald Square.
Designer Spotlight Series
Additionally, this year’s Macy’s Flower Show will feature a Designer Spotlight Series, highlighting local New York City floral designers. Every three days a creative wunderkind will showcase a showstopping bouquet on the mezzanine of Macy’s Herald Square during the two-week run of the show. Designers featured include Petals by Dani, Polycarp Flowers, Flower Bodega, Brooklyn Blooms Floral Boutique and Park Delicatessen.
Flower Show Gives Back
Giving back to the community is a core value at Macy’s. Through this year’s Flower Show, Macy’s will create a positive impact with the Mural Project – inviting local artists to participate in creating a floral inspired art piece for the show. Additionally, following the Flower Show, Macy’s will donate select floral materials to local New York City partners, Grand Street Settlement and Henry Street Settlement to beautify their surroundings. Both organizations provide helpful services and programs to the New York City community.
Free to the public, Macy’s Flower Show will be open during regular store hours. Macy’s floral spectacular extends special thanks to its partners Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, Lifetime® and Sinclair Oil Corporation.
For additional information about the 2021 Give. Love. Bloom. Macy’s Flower Show, including a virtual behind the scenes tour, bouquet designing videos and more, please visit here.