The Executive Assistant we look to hire provides high level administrative support in a wide range of administrative and executive tasks with an ability to work independently. The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director, conducts research and prepares statistical reports, handles information requests and performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranges conference calls and schedules meetings, supervises and trains clerical staff.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director with latitude for independent judgment, the Executive Assistant will be responsible to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule.
– Support the Executive Director in his work with the Board of Managers including scheduling meetings and preparation of minutes.
– Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
– Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
– Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
– Work with the Executive Director to oversee contracts and reports, insurance policies, IRS and audit related matters.
– Other duties as assigned.
– B.A. with relevant experience
– Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, communication, organizational skills.
– Ability to work in a team oriented environment and multi-task.
– Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
– Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and other applications
– Some evening and weekends required
– Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Send Resume and Cover Letter via mail, email or fax to:
Ms. Pena, Human Resources Coordinator
East Side House Settlement
337 Alexander Avenue, Bronx, NY 10454
Fax: 718-665-3817 or E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website here.
Absolutely no phone calls!