Elderly Bronx Woman Injured After Mistaking Firework For Candle

Published on January 22, 2017, 4:34 pm
FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites 40 secs

An elderly Bronx woman who thought she was lighting a candle lit fireworks instead — and may have lost some of her fingers, police said.

Ngon Ho, 78, suffered “significant injury” Friday evening when she lit the firework inside her apartment on Davidson Avenue near West Fordham Road in Fordham Manor, said cops.

Ho may have lost the thumb, index and middle fingers on her right hand, sources said.

Cops and neighbors did not know what kind of firework the woman lit.


Jonas Bronck is the pseudonym under which we publish and manage the content and operations of The Bronx Daily.™ | Bronx.com - the largest daily news publication in the borough of "the" Bronx with over 1.5 million annual readers. Publishing under the alias Jonas Bronck is our humble way of paying tribute to the person, whose name lives on in the name of our beloved borough.