On June 3rd, The Young And The Restless, television’s No. 1 daytime drama series produced by Sony Pictures Television for CBS, has crowned Charlene Lee and Willy Williams from Bronx, New York as the winners of the show’s “Wedding of a Lifetime” contest.
The couple, who were selected from an eligible entry pool of 2,600 applicants, will receive their dream wedding in Las Vegas this summer. The wedding will be witnessed by The Young And The Restless’ veteran stars, Christian LeBlanc (“Michael Baldwin”) and Tracey E. Bregman (“Lauren Baldwin”) with Grand Prize packaging provided by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and MGM Grand Las Vegas.
Charlene and Willy won the wedding of their dreams after successfully advancing through all three phases of the contest which began by logging on to The Young And The Restless wedding website where they submitted a photograph and answered a question about their relationship. Their response caught the attention of the third party judge, who selected them as one of 25 semi-finalist couples. Advancing to the second phase, they submitted a video describing their most romantic moment together. In a special screening, The Young And The Restless stars Daniel Goddard (“Cane Ashby”) and Christel Khalil (“Lily Winters”) reviewed all 25 videos submitted by the semi-finalists where they were selected as one of four finalists. For the third phase, videos of the final four contestant couples were Published online allowing viewers to choose the winner by voting for their favorite couple at www.theyoungandtherestless.com/lasvegaswedding.
This is what Charlene rspondd to the question: When did you and your significant other first realize you were meant to be together?
“I always knew that I was meant to be with Will. I fell in love with him rather quickly but it was his spirit that draws me close. He loves me when my hair isn’t combed, before I brush my teeth, through radiation and cancer and all in between. What Will feels for me everyone sees, especially me. He looks at me like I’m the happy in his heart. We are everything, the stride in our steps, the lyrics to our song, the back to our bone. No matter what it is we got it. We are well aware of the storms, been there done that, and although the water got rough we tread lightly and turned ashore stronger than ever.
I know we’re one of many happy, healthy relationships with some dysfunctions, but it’s when we look at each other’s soul, and know that it’s the part that’s most important no matter what, that we knew that the time was right. All of this love shouldn’t just be shared by two; it should be shared by six. Our combination of us and four children makes us want to always do better. Everything for us has always fallen into place so it’s only right that we get married. We can’t deny our hearts and souls any longer the inevitable. Thank God He chose us! I love you Boo Boo.“
Charlene and Willy will receive the following.
Travel and Accommodations for Four:
· Roundtrip coach airfare to Las Vegas, hotel accommodations in the luxurious and romantic suites of The Signature at MGM Grand, transportation to/from the Las Vegas airport in MGM Grand limousines and $1,000.00 spending money.
A Wedding Ceremony that Includes:
· A unique and romantic ceremony poolside at The Signature at MGM Grand.
· Exquisite floral arrangements from the Forever Grand Wedding chapel at MGM Grand.
· Ceremony music performed by the musicians of “O™” by Cirque du Soleil® at Bellagio- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
· Photography package.
· Dinner for six at Joël Robuchon, the only Michelin three star, Mobil Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond restaurant- the top accolades for each organization.
· A beautiful and delicious wedding cake from MGM Grand’s award-winning pastry team.
· Wedding attire including a wedding dress, bridesmaid dress and two tuxedo rentals.
· Wedding bands for the couple.
Pampering and Extras:
· Couple’s Dreaming Ritual signature spa treatment in an MGM Grand private spa suite.
· Custom hair and make-up from Cristophe Salon at MGM Grand- for more than 20 years, Cristophe has tended to the tresses of rock and celebrity royalty from Beverly Hills to New York City.
· VIP tickets for four to Cirque du Soleil’s “O™” by Cirque du Soleil® at Bellagio- a timeless aquatic production.