First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright, Deputy Mayor for Operations Meera Joshi, and New York City Emergency Management (NYCEM) Commissioner Zachary Iscol were joined today by administration officials to update New Yorkers on the City’s preparedness efforts and guidance for New Yorkers ahead of anticipated heavy rainfall and potential flooding.
The event was attended by the following speakers:
- First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright;
- Deputy Mayor for Operations Meera Joshi;
- Deputy Mayor for Communications Fabien Levy;
- NYCEM Commissioner Zachary Iscol;
- New York City Fire Department Commissioner Laura Kavanagh;
- New York City Department of Transportation Commissioner Ydanis Rodriguez;
- New York City Police Department First Deputy Comissioner Tania Kinsella;
- New York City Police Department Chief of Patrol John Chell;
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection Officials.
A video recording of the briefing follows.