Death in the Family
It is with sadness that the New York City Police Department announces the death of a member of our family. Auxiliary Police Officer Ramon Roman, who was assigned to the 72nd Precinct, died on Sunday, April 05, 2020, from coronavirus-related complications. Auxiliary Police Officer Roman became a member of the NYPD on March 29, 2010.
Officers continue to visit restaurants, bars, supermarkets, salons and public spaces to remind individuals of the ban on congregating in public spaces and to practice social distancing.
Between 08:00 a.m., Sunday, April 05, 2020 and 08:00 a.m., Monday, April 06, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 2,419 supermarkets of which 1,255 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 6,959 bars and restaurants of which 5,596 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 1,238 public places of which 782 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 3,288 personal care facilities of which 3,288 were closed.
* There were no arrests or summonses issued in regard to these visits.
NYPD Officers on Sick Report
On Monday, April 06, 2020, 6,974 uniformed members of the NYPD were on sick report which accounts for 19.30% of the Department’s uniformed workforce. Currently, 1,935 uniformed members and 293 civilian members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Flattening the Curve on Twitter