Death in the Family
It is with sadness that the New York City Police Department announces the death of a member of our family. Auxiliary Police Sergeant Angel Leon, who was assigned to the 43rd Precinct in the Bronx, died on Saturday, April 04, 2020, from coronavirus-related complications. Auxiliary Police Sergeant Leon became a member of the NYPD on September 24, 1981.
Officers continue to visit restaurants, bars, supermarkets, salons and public spaces to remind individuals of the ban on congregating in public spaces and to practice social distancing.
Between 08:00 a.m., Saturday, April 04, 2020 and 08:00 a.m., Sunday, April 05, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 2,457 supermarkets of which 1,295 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 7,019 bars and restaurants of which 5,499 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 1,267 public places of which 754 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 3,599 personal care facilities of which 3,599 were closed.
* There were no arrests or summonses issued in regard to these visits.
NYPD Officers on Sick Report
On Sunday, April 05, 2020, 6,718 uniformed members of the NYPD were on sick report which accounts for 18.60% of the Department’s uniformed workforce. Currently, 1,843 uniformed members and 274 civilian members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Flattening the Curve on Twitter