Death in the Family
It is with sadness that the New York City Police Department announces the death of a member of our family. School Safety Agent Luis Albino, assigned to the School Safety Division, died on Friday, April 03, 2020, from complications due to coronavirus. School Safety Agent Albino became a member of the NYPD on May 30, 2000.
Officers continue to visit restaurants, bars, supermarkets, salons and public spaces to remind individuals of the ban on congregating in public spaces and to practice social distancing.
Between 08:00 a.m, Thursday, April 02, 2020 and 08:00 a.m, Friday, April 3, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 2,550 supermarkets of which 1,249 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 6,894 bars and restaurants of which 5,468 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 1.241 public places of which 722 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 3,091 personal care facilities of which 3,091 were closed.
* There were no arrests or summonses issued in regard to these visits.
NYPD Officers on Sick Report
On Friday, April 03, 2020, 6,695 uniformed members of the NYPD were on sick report which accounts for 18.50% of the Department’s uniformed workforce.
Currently, 1,619 uniformed members and 220 civilian members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Flattening the Curve on Twitter