For 45 years, Kingsbridge Heights Community Center (KHCC) has provided resources to empower Bronx residents from cradle to career to advance education and well being for a vibrant community. Please visit our website here to find out more about our individual programs.
Position: Lead Teacher, Union
Reports to: Education Site Supervisor/Director
Hours: 35 hours per week, Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m.
The Lead Teacher is accountable for ensuring that the Early Childhood Services program is a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment for each child, where safe concepts are enhanced, independence is encouraged and individually respected. The Lead Teacher will function as a team-leader, responsible for guiding and coaching Teacher Assistants and Teacher Aides.
- has thorough understanding of Head Start Performance Standards;
- sets up/maintains an appropriate classroom environment for preschool children;
- plans and implements a curriculum of developmentally appropriate activities for the children using the Creative Curriculum;
- assesses individual children’s strengths and areas in need of improvement (daily observation notes, formal assessments 3 times yearly) using Teaching Strategies Gold;
- incorporates parent involvement through monthly class meetings, and parent;
- conferences/home visits twice annually;
- adapts and incorporates curriculum for children with special needs in coordination with written IEP’s, team planning and parental input, as well as referral out for evaluations;
- attends team meetings monthly;
- attends regular supervision meetings with supervisor;
- participates in available training opportunities (in-service, conferences);
- any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Director.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Early Childhood Education;
- New York State Teacher Certification B-2 or N-6;
- bilingual English/Spanish a plus;
- Mandated Reporter Certification a plus;
- experience working with children 3 – 5 years;.
- will be required to obtain fingerprints and background check prior to employment.
Exempt status. Salary based on DC 1707 Union Contract. Generous health insurance contributions and employer- paid pension, life & disability insurance. Great work life balance; 20 vacation days, 12 sick days option to convert to PTO and 12 paid holidays.
Job type: Full-time
Experience: childcare, 3 years (required)
License: Teacher Certification (birth – 2) (required)
Language: Spanish (preferred)
Work location: multiple locations
To apply, please visit here.
Kingsbridge Heights Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.