Total Plastics, Int’l. (TPI) provides industrial plastic product distribution to customers in the transportation, chemical, electronics, medical, and manufacturing markets. The company also offers services such as fabrication, machining, and die-cutting.
Our product offerings include sealing, mounting, and insulating foam tapes; rigid and flexible tubing; sheet materials; adhesives, sealants, and polishes; and films. Total Plastics, Int’l employs over 350 employees, located throughout 19 different locations in 10 states. We are excited to offer a competitive compensation package, including immediate benefits, employer matched 401K, and generous paid time off.
Job title: Warehouse Associate
Location: Bronx, New York
Reports to: Branch Manager
Position typeE: Full Time
Posting dates: 09/15/2017 – 10/15/2017
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
This dual role will require you to complete all duties associated with our warehouse environment, while working to support our customer’s fabrication needs.
- Adheres to and improves the safety culture of Total Plastics Int’l., and is accountable for the safety of their crew.
- Safely operate and maintain industrial lift truck to assist in loading or moving materials and products to and from production areas to assist in maintaining adequate supplies for fabrication.
- Shipping and receiving cross-training and logistical support to ensure product is shipped in a timely and careful manner.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to shipping department to expedite the movement of product to meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Operate and maintain CNC and NC saws to cut plastic parts and pieces that meet dimension, production, and quality specifications and requirements.
- Cut single and/or multiple layers of plastic material by placing material accurately and consistently against stop gauges.
- Adjust machine controls to ensure accurate measurements and cuts.
- Perform common fabrication and finishing techniques such as bending, routing, gluing and polishing.
- Stack cut materials for operational efficiency, assist accurate record keeping, and to support shipping and material handling.
- Record the cutting process and label in-process material to expedite the movement and identification of parts.
- Perform routine maintenance on the cutting machine to maintain operational efficiency and change blades to produce accurate and consistent work by following lockout and safety practices.
- Customer liaison for order follow up and customer service and inquiries.
Is this opportunity right for you?
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to complete each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
You must have a high school diploma or equivalent. In addition, we ask that you have a minimum of six months previous production experience or operating NC or CNC cutting equipment. Good math and measuring device reading skills are needed. Effective communication, organization and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs occasionally, with regular pushing and pulling. You must have good vision abilities to include close/distant viewing, color, peripheral vision and depth perception. You will be required to present a valid driver’s license and be forklift operation certifiable.
Important information you should know:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and application to Human Resources via ADP Career Center on or before the posting closing date.
TPI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.