The deadline is approaching to apply for the Bronx Museum of the Arts’ Teen Council.
If you or a teen you know is interested, applications are due tomorrow, Friday, October 09, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.
The Bronx Museum is seeking teens (ages 14-19) for this three-month virtual paid internship. Explore the arts, be part of a museum, collaborate with your peers, and improve your resume.
To learn more and to apply, please visit here.
What is the Bronx Museum Teen Council?
Created in 2005, the Bronx Museum Teen Council offers opportunities for young people to engage deeply with contemporary art and the museum space. In this intensive after-school program, teens express and discuss ideas and create art relating to issues affecting young people today.
What does Teen Council do?
During the school year, a group of high school teens work closely with Museum educators and staff and explore art through artist interviews, media projects, studio time, zine publication, and exhibition curation.
- Fall Session Teen Council members will meet for two hours a session, twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM) from late October – early February. All fall sessions will be virtual. There will be a Spring Session beginning in mid-February, and participants are welcome to apply again for that session.
- The Bronx Museum Teen Council is a paid internship. Participants are paid a stipend for each session.
- Applicants must be between 14-19 years old and entering 9th-12th grades in the 2020-2021 school year or enrolled in a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma Program.
- You will be asked to fill out some basic information, answer longer questions about yourself, and include an artwork sample and optional letter of recommendation.
- Expect an e-mail from us in mid October regarding next steps.
Bronx Museum Of The Arts
1040 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10456