The Finimpact Embracing Equity Women’s Empowerment Grant is an initiative to go a step further with our intended mission of not only providing the necessary informational tools but also to facilitate direct funding to a much deserving demographic of professional women who are under-recognized, often face an unlevel playing field for capital procurement and in some cases, even discriminated against.
In Conjunction with International Women’s Day March 8th 2023
This year’s theme of the International Women’s Day is a concept called Embracing Equity (#EmbraceEquity). The theme intends to bring to light the fact that it is often not enough to simply provide equal opportunities but to also make the utilization of those opportunities equal as well.
Along this line, Finimpact has recognized that providing the necessary information in a form that is readily digestible may level the opportunity playing field to a certain extent but unless access to funding is also made equal, the utilization of the information misses its effectiveness.
Finimpact’s Embracing Equity Women’s Empowerment Business Grant is a contribution to the Embracing Equity principle of this year’s international women’s day event where we are not only leveling the playing field for women regarding information and business know-how but also equity in access to funding through our grant.
How Much Is The Finimpact Embracing Equity Women’s Empowerment Business Grant?
Three participating finalists will receive a grant of the following amount:
- US$ 10,000 grant for the 1st place;
- US$ 5,000 grant for the 2nd place;
- US$ 2,500 grant for the 3rd place.
What Are The Application Requirements?
To be considered for the grant, the applicant and their business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Women-run and women-owned impact-driven businesses:
- At least one of the business’s founders must be a woman
- Or a woman/multiple women must be the largest shareholder(s) of founder equity (not total equity) in the business or own a share at least equal to that of her/their male co-founder(s)
- Or own a share at least equal to that of her/their male co-founder(s).
- The business has fewer than 99 employees (Sole Proprietorships or Individually Owned LLC’s are considered employees.)
- The applicant must fill one of the main leadership positions, for example:CEO, COO, CTO, General Manager, or Managing Director of the business.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the application deadline (April 30, 2023).
- The Applicant must be an American Citizen.
- The Applicant must have a good command of the English language both verbal and written.
How To Apply For the Finimpact Embracing Equity Women’s Empowerment Business Grant
- Fill out the form above
- Following submission of this form, an email containing your specific voting link will be sent to you. This voting link is essential for step 3.
- Post the following information on your company’s Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn page (do not use a story as your submission post; doing so will result in disqualification):
- #FinimpactGrant4Women and your special voting link that you were sent to your email (or with your link in your Instagram bio) – This crucial step enables our team to see your post.
- Please State:
- What your business does (up to 50 words)
- How you plan to use the prize money (up to 50 words)
- Share your post to your followers and customers and ask them to vote for your business. Individuals can only vote for a business one time. The post can either be written or a video, though videos are strongly encouraged!
How do we choose the winners?
Following the conclusion of the grant application & voting session, 10 finalists selected from among the 100 businesses that received the most votes. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will speak with Finimpact’s staff to discuss your business in greater detail. This will offer you one final opportunity to persuade us to choose your company for the $5,000 or $10,000 Small Business Grant.
The team will select and notify the Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners on June 01, 2023.
Tips From the Judges
Build an authentic and persuasive social campaign. Your post should provide the following information:
- Your identity. Let your article reflect your individuality and the personality of your business.
- The things you do, how long you’ve done them, and why. The more detail the better! – We want to learn more about your business.
- Why do you need the money for your business? Be precise about the effect the money will make and how you plan to spend it. Give as much information on the impact it will have on your business in terms of facts, figures, and numbers as you can.
- Use photos or a video! While words are great, we also enjoy seeing things. Show us your business in a video and in pictures. Also keep in mind that it is not required to be done professionally.
Acquire votes: Tell people to cast their ballots for you!
- Make several social media postings and let people know about this chance for your company.
- Share your specific voting link as far as you can with your customers and followers.
- Request likes and shares from your loved ones for your post!
Finimpact’s mission is to provide quick, simple and trustworthy avenues for either current small business owners or those interested in starting a small business in order to acquire the capital they need by consolidating verified and reviewed funding opportunities into one place.
In conjunction with this mission, Finimpact also provides a vast array of informational articles on small business know-how so that everyday individuals may acquire the ability to leverage the financial mechanism to their advantage.
For more information, please visit here.