Together, we made it through another week. Today, we start a fresh one as we continue navigating COVID-19 within our communities.
Community Voices Heard (CVH) staff and members throughout New York have been getting acclimated, learning how to effectively organize and continue building power virtually, particularly with Zoom and Facebook live groups. Our virtual meetings, text messages, phone conferences and video conferencing will continue.
We will continue to fight for families, our communities and ourselves in these uncertain times. We thank you for your patience and your cooperation as we work together to make this work for all.
- Rent is due in 2 days. Here is what you should do.
- This Wednesday, April 01, 2020 is Census Day! All hands on deck for Census 2020.
- We officially launch our support for the #PeoplesBailout. Learn how to support here.
- Governor Cuomo’s NY Pause Executive Order has been extended until April 15, 2020. All non-essential workers must continue to work from home, and everyone is required to maintain a 6-foot distance in public.
The Federal Government has passed a $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES).
Some of the highlights include:
- A $1,200 check to all U.S. Citizens if your adjusted gross income is $75,000 or less.
- An extra $500 check per child under age 17 for U.S. Citizens who are parents.
- Unemployment benefits will be extended for 10 more months. Usually only 26 weeks, now 39.
- Suspends payments for all federally held student loans until Septembee 30, 2020. $450 million allocated to the Emergency Food Assistance Program.
Check this Out
Thousands of quarantined New Yorker’s across all 5 boroughs applauded first responders, healthcare workers and other essential workers this passed Friday.
Healthcare & Essential Workers We Salute You!