Located in the Morrisania neighborhood of the South Bronx, the Mott Hall Charter School is a middle school for grades 6, 7 and 8.
We at Mott Hall Charter School pride ourselves in our distinctive mission to prepare our scholars in mind, body, and character to succeed in top high schools, colleges, and careers, becoming inquisitive, open-minded, and compassionate citizens of the world.
We teach for the 21st Century through our unique approach to learning, which provides a holistic educational experience, grounded in evidence-based research on how students learn best.
We offer steadfast support to our students and their families as follows.
- Providing 100% Remote Instruction with plans to move to Hybrid. Regardless of when we return to Hybrid, students can opt to be remote.
- We provide a free laptop and free secure Wi-Fi if needed.
- During Remote Instruction, we have opportunities for after school and Saturday tutoring, held remotely and/or face-to-face.
- We use engaging online platforms to increase student learning and understanding including Google, Nearpod, Read 180, EdPuzzle, Explain Everything, iReady, Flocabulary and many more.
- We offer enrichment programs and specialized support for all students.
- We offer specialized support to all students.
- The initial return to school will include 6-8 students in a class and we will provide all PPE needed (daily temperature checks, masks, mask shields, hand sanitizer, school-approved fire-retardant desk dividers for distancing protections).
- Enrollment back into the school building, 1260 Franklin Avenue, Bronx, NY 10456, scheduled for Fall 2021.
- During the CoViD-19 crisis, Mott Hall will provide resources and information about testing and vaccines, all PPE supplies, provide onsite testing or community-based resources for testing, and follow all DCD and DOH guidelines.
The Mott Hall Charter School is extremely diligent in creating scenarios that include full remote learning, hybrid learning, and/or a full return to brick and mortar.
We are a co-located school and are collaborating with our partner school to ensure the safety of students, families, and staff. The provider you send will have to be flexible to move with the models that the Mott Hall Charter School will be using and be able to change with the school and student needs, employing all models as directed by the Department of Health, the Department of Education, and Authorizers.
To apply, please visit here.
Join us for a Virtual Open House on Thursday, February 11, 2021 here.
- Presentation starts at 05:00 p.m., but welcome to drop in anytime until 07:30 p.m.
We will also be having open houses on
- Thursday, February 25, 2021, 05:30 p.m. – 07:00 p.m. here, and
- Thursday, March 11, 2021, 05:30 p.m. – 07:00 p.m. here.
Virtual Open House with New York City Charter School Center
- February 06, 2021 and
- March 23, 20212, additional information to be posted to our website here.
For more information, please contact Anjolique Coltrane at email@example.com or at 917-945-6024.
For Special Education information, please contact Jacky Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 585-451-8696.
Tolearn more, please visit our website here and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Rise to the challenge!
Mott Hall Charter School
1260 Franklin Avenue
Bronx, NY 10456