Death in the Family
It is with sadness that the New York City Police Department announces the death of a member of our family.
School Safety Agent Sharon Williams, assigned to School Safety Division, passed away today, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, from complications related to the coronavirus.
School Safety Agent Williams became a member of the NYPD on June 30, 2017.
Sick Report Daily Update
On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 4,707 uniformed members of the NYPD were on sick report which accounts for 13.00% of the Department’s uniformed workforce. That is down from a high of 19.80%. To date, 4,518 members of the NYPD have tested positive for coronavirus.
As of today, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 2,617 members of the NYPD have returned to work full duty after recovering from a positive test for the coronavirus and 1,482 uniformed members plus 381 civilian members are still out sick diagnosed with coronavirus. And let us remember and pray for the 31 members of the service that have died due to coronavirus-related illness.
Citywide Patrols (24-hour Period)
Officers continue to visit restaurants, bars, supermarkets, salons and public spaces to remind individuals of the ban on congregating in public spaces and to practice social distancing.
Between 08:00 a.m., Monday, April 20, 2020 and 08:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 21, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 2,974 supermarkets and pharmacies of which 1,633 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 6,785 bars and restaurants of which 5,652 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 1,341 public places of which 987 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 3,040 personal care facilities of which 3,033 were closed.
41 criminal court summonses were issued and three arrests were made in regard to a social gathering at 20 W. 23rd Street, within the confines of the 13th Precinct.
Citywide Patrols (March 23 – April 21, 2020)
Officers have visited a total of 409,948 locations as part of the department’s efforts to help flatten the curve through promoting social distancing.
Some officers have encountered challenges at religious events & funerals, efforts were geared toward maintaining the dignity of those events while insisting on dispersal of groups to ensure social distancing.
Between 08:00 a.m, Monday, March 23, 2020 and 08:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 21, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 74,494 supermarkets and pharmacies of which 38,723 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 206,975 bars and restaurants of which 162,724 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 36,274 public places of which 21,935 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 92,205 personal care facilities of which 92,110 were closed.
Flattening the Curve on Twitter