Death in the Family
It is with sadness that the New York City Police Department announces the death of a member of our family.
NYPD Traffic Agent Karisma Dargan, assigned to Brooklyn Traffic Enforcement, died on Wednesday, April 01, 2020. We are awaiting test results.
Traffic Agent Dargan became a member of the NYPD on February 21, 2017.
Officers continue to visit restaurants, bars, supermarkets, salons and public spaces to remind individuals of the ban on congregating in public spaces and to practice social distancing: Between 08:00 a.m., Tuesday, March 31, 2020 and 08:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 01, 2020:
- NYPD officers visited 2,687 supermarkets of which 1,334 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 7,058 bars and restaurants of which 5,074 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 1,244 public places of which 632 were closed.
- NYPD officers visited 3,379 personal care facilities of which 3,379 were closed.
* There were no arrests or summonses issued in regard to these visits.
NYPD Officers on Sick Report
On Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 6,172 uniformed members of the NYPD were on sick report which accounts for 17% of the Department’s uniformed workforce. Currently, 1,218 uniformed members and 150 civilian members tested positive for the Coronavirus.
Flattening the Curve on Twitter