On Thursday, June 13, 2019 (tomorrow), at 11:30 a.m., Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr., Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark, New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA) Commissioner Lorraine Cortez-Vasquez, representatives of the New York City Police Department and advocates for senior citizens will host a press conference to promote resources available to senior citizens in Bronx.
The press conference, which will be held in advance of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15, comes on the heels of multiple violent incidents against senior citizens in Bronx.
At the event, Borough President Diaz and others will denounce this string of horrific attacks. In addition, elected officials and agencies will discuss the resources available to older adults and encourage them to ask for help if they need it.
Speakers & attendees:
- Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
- Bronx County District Attorney Darcel D. Clark
- Lorraine Cortez-Vasquez, Commissioner, New York City Department for the Aging
- Deputy Inspector Jessica E. Corey, Commanding Officer of the Crime Prevention Division, New York City Police Department
- Daniel Reingold, President and CEO of the Hebrew Home at Riverdale and co-founder of the Weinberg Center for Elder Justice
- Representatives from the New York City Police Department
- Representatives from neighborhood SHOPP
- Seniors from various RAIN Bronx Centers
Bronx County Building
851 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10451