More Than A Dozen Tenants Sent To Hospital Following Carbon Monoxide Leak In Bronx Apartment Building

Published on January 24, 2017, 8:23 am
FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites 54 secs

More than a dozen people have been sent to the hospital after a Bronx apartment building was evacuated following a carbon monoxide leak.

FDNY reports the cause of the elevated CO readings was due to a gas leak from a faulty furnace. The building is located on 232 East 165th Street in the Melrose section of Bronx.

The gas was turned off as crews were in the process of ventilating the building. Just before 7 a.m., residents were being allowed back in.

A total of 13 people were sent to the hospital. One patient is critical, and the remaining 12 are stable.

The building is a five-story multiple dwelling with 14 residential units.

 

NYC DOF - Deed Fraud
Jonas Bronck is the pseudonym under which we publish and manage the content and operations of The Bronx Daily.™ | Bronx.com - the largest daily news publication in the borough of "the" Bronx with over 1.5 million annual readers. Publishing under the alias Jonas Bronck is our humble way of paying tribute to the person, whose name lives on in the name of our beloved borough.