For 45 years, Kingsbridge Heights Community Center (KHCC) has provided resources to empower Bronx residents from cradle to career to advance education and well being for a vibrant community. Please visit our website here to find out more about our individual programs.
KHCC is seeking a tenacious Communications and Development Associate with a good eye for detail. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Communications and Development Associate will be responsible for a broad range of communications and development projects. The ideal candidate has extraordinary organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of overall business, brand and audience goals.
- manages and tracks social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- manage and update website content;
- acts as liaison between Communications team and programs regarding promotional materials and outreach campaigns;
- maintains and updates database of media contacts and community partners;
- drafts email newsletters for internal and external communications;
- drafts administrative memorandums, letters of correspondence, requests for gift renewals, and thank you and acknowledgement letters;
- works with Event Manager to organize events, such as the annual benefit and smaller cultivation and volunteer events, meets with the event planning committee, assists with developing event programs, flyers and invitations, assists in coordinating the promotion of events, researches honorees and solicits auction items;
- contributes to the planning, creation, and promotion of all appeals, and oversees the planning, outreach and follow up for major giving days;
- supports data and project management priorities within Fast Fund, KHCC’s preferred fundraising database;
- be an integral part of planning and execution for all departmental initiatives, including web, social, print, outdoor, advertising, fundraising and partner-related projects;
- assist with other initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or in final year of undergraduate study in marketing, communications or other field;
- 1 – 2 years successful professional or internship experience;
- highly motivated, organized and professional with attention to detail;
- proven ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- upbeat, positive attitude and ability to work well with a variety of people, excellent relationship building skills;
- strong graphic design capabilities and proficient use of standard software tools (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite);
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- results-driven, action-oriented working style;
- passion for the KHCC’s mission and values.
This position will cover for staff member on leave. It begins part-time, up to 29 hours per week at a rate of $20 per hour and the right candidate will be considered for a full-time position after a successful trial period.
Job Type: part-time
Salary: $20.00 / hour
Experience: standard software tools: 2 years (required)
Work authorization: United States (required)
To apply, please visit here.
Kingsbridge Heights Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.