The New York City Police Department is asking the public’s assistance identifying the two individuals depicted in the attached surveillance video and photos in connection to an assault that occurred within the confines of the 46 Precinct in Bronx.
Details are as follows.
On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 1900 hours, inside Walton Park located at the corner of Walton Avenue and East 181 Street, two unidentified individuals approached the location, at which time individual #1 did brandish a firearm and shoot numerous times at the people inside, near the basketball courts. Upon arrival, police observed a 16-year-old male with a gunshot wound to his foot and a 47-year-old male with gunshot wound to his forearm.
EMS arrived at the scene and transported both individuals to New York Presbyterian Allen Pavilion Hospital, where they are listed in stable condition.
Individual #1 was last seen fleeing northbound on Jerome Avenue and individual #2 was last seen fleeing westbound on Walton Avenue. The individuals are described as follows:
- male, Black, with a slim build. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, carrying a dark colored book bag, blue jeans, with green, black and white sneakers;
- male, Hispanic, with a slim build, medium complexion and black Afro-style hair. He was last seen wearing a black long sleeve shirt, black underwear, blue jeans, black sneakers and a white undershirt.
Surveillance video and photos of the two unidentified individuals are attached and available at DCPI.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the NYPD‘s Crime Stoppers hotline at 1–800–577–TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1–888–57–PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers‘ website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All tips will be kept strictly confidential.
*** UPDATE ***
Pursuant to an ongoing investigation, on or about July 10, 2019, the following 18-year-old male individual has been arrested and charged:
2381 Belmont Avenue, No. 5A
Bronx, NY 10458
- attempted murder (2 counts)
- assault (2 counts)
- criminal possession of a firearm (2 counts)
- reckless endangerment (2 counts)