PropertyShark has just released its NYC Residential Foreclosure Report for Q2 2019.
Here are some of the Bronx-specific takeaways:
- Bronx saw a 24% drop year-over-year (YOY), as only 96 residential properties headed to the auction block.
- The 10469 zip code had the highest number of foreclosures in the borough: 21 unique cases.
- Lis pendens cases increased 14% year-over-year and a staggering 41% quarter-over-quarter.
Some other highlights:
- First-time foreclosures in NYC are still on a downward path in Q2, with 4% less cases filed YOY.
- Brooklyn and Staten Island foreclosures were up 7% and 9%, respectively.
- In Queens, foreclosures were down 9%
- Up 13% YOY, 3,070 lis pendens cases were filed against NYC homeowners in Q2, the highest number registered in the last few years for this time of the year.
The full report could be read here.