Our summer golf program for beginners transforms local neighborhood ball fields into driving ranges and practice greens to introduce the basic skills of the game. After completing the introductory classes, all are invited to continue to learn and play at local public golf courses and at the CityParks Junior Golf Center in Brooklyn or at the Golf Center Annex in Queens.
- ages 6 – 17;
- July 1 – August 16, 2019;
- admission is free;
- Pee Wee (6-8 years old) 09:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.;
- Beginner (9-17 years old) 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
To register for 1 class only, please visit here.
- Kaiser Park, Brooklyn • Neptune Avenue & Bayview Avenue • Tuesday/Thursday (Please register for Everyday Play at Kaiser Park)
- St Johns, Brooklyn • Bergen Street & Troy Avenue • Monday or Wednesday
- Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Manhattan • Forsyth Street & Grand Street • Monday or Wednesday
- Silver Lake Park, Staten Island • Victory Boulevard, Clove Road, Forest Avenue • Tuesday or Thursday
- Corporal Thompson, Staten Island • Henderson Avenue & Broadway • Monday or Wednesday
- Cunningham Park, Queens • Union Turnpike & 1933rd Street • Tuesday or Thursday
- Flushing Meadows Pitch N Putt, Queens • Meridian Road & New York Avenue • Monday or Wednesday • 09:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Baisley Pond Park, Queens • 155th Street & 119th Avenue • Tuesday/Thursday (Please register for Everyday Play at Baisley Pond Park)
- Mario Fajardo Park, Queens • Kissena Boulevard &, Booth Memorial Avenue • Monday or Wednesday
- Pelham Bay Park, Bronx • Bruckner Boiulevard & Middleton Road • Tuesday or Thursday
- Williamsbridge Oval, Bronx • E. 208th Street & Bainbridge Avenue • Monday or Wednesday (Please register for Everyday Play at Williamsbridge Oval)
Does my child need any equipment for this program?
All equipment is provided at no cost. Participants do need appropriate footwear such as sneakers or running shoes.
Are there any restrictions to participation?
All participants must be a NYC resident between the ages of 6 to 17.
Do I need to bring the printed ticket on the first day of programming?
Coaches will have a list of registered participants but we advise your bring a copy of your registration with you on the first day. Be sure to take note of what location and schedule you are registered for.