Hundreds of Bronx elementary school students showed off their Tae-Kwon-Do skills today during an assembly to represent some of the things they have learned about Korean culture over the past three years.
The Bronx Charter School for Better Learning students also sang songs in Korean during the special assembly.
In the school, students in kindergarten up to second grade receive a half-hour lesson each week. The principal says he hopes to continue the
classes as an after-school program if they can get the funding.
“TKD Reach-Out” classes are offered at
– Fordham Leadership Academy for Business and Technology
– Bronx Charter School for Better Learning
– P.S. 111X Seton Falls
– P.S. 242 Q Leonard P. Stavisky Early Childhood School
– Promise Christian Academy
– M.S. 8 Q New Preparatory Middle School
– Best Academy
– Creative Mind Learning Center
– Bronx Bethany Community Corporation