Boy, 2, Dies Choking On Candy At Bronx Library Center

Published on September 16, 2019, 7:51 am
FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites 55 secs

A 2-year-old boy is believed to have choked to death on a piece of candy while in a Bronx public library on Sunday, September 15, 2019.

The toddler was with his older brother at Bronx Library Center in Fordham Manor when he started struggling for air at around 03:15 p.m., police said.

The boy’s brother said he was vomiting and began to suffocate after possibly choking on a piece of candy.

The toddler was unconscious and unresponsive when emergency services arrived at the scene.

He was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.

The Medical Examiner will determine the death cause.

The boy’s name has not been released.

Jonas Bronck is the pseudonym under which we publish and manage the content and operations of The Bronx Daily.™ | - the largest daily news publication in the borough of "the" Bronx with over 1.5 million annual readers. Publishing under the alias Jonas Bronck is our humble way of paying tribute to the person, whose name lives on in the name of our beloved borough.