St. Dominic’s Family Services seeks a qualified professional for our Bronx location.
The Director of Home Finding / Intake is responsible for the oversight of the Home Finding / Intake Unit ensuring the maintenance of enough Foster Home beds to meet foster care/respite/ therapeutic placement needs as identified by the contract with the Administration for Children Services (ACS).
The Director must ensure that there is open, frequent, and regular communication with staff related to non-kinship foster care, kinship foster care and therapeutic foster care to ensure placement resources (foster parents) meet all Agency, City and State compliance measures and standards.
The Director is responsible for monitoring the recruitment, intake, screening, training, assessment and certification of all foster care applicants including regular, kinship, TFBH and respite.
The Director must also locate replacement homes for foster children as needed and supervises the Home Finders also works in collaboration with the Agency Intake Department who will be trending and monitoring utilization for the Family Foster Care Department.
Other duties include:
• Facilitates ACS Placement Process.
• Works with the Agency’s Intake Department regarding all areas of utilization, supervises the Intake staff, and supervises the coverage for intakes that occur 24/7.
• Supervises the Home Finders in the areas of recruitment, certification and recertification of foster/adoptive parents.
• Supervises the Home Finding Team to ensure the orientation and training of foster/adoptive parents; development of curriculum for monthly foster/adoptive parent trainings and pre-certification groups.
• Develop and convene a Foster Parent Association that meets regularly.
• Works to develop foster parent surveys and identify areas of need to support retention.
• Supervises the process for foster/adoptive applicants and household members are properly cleared via the State Central Registry (SCR), Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and Division of Criminal Justice Systems (DCJS), and that Safety Assessments are properly documented.
• Reviews, edits and approves all home studies, recertification and addendums to assure quality and clarity.
• Works with the Family Foster Care Units and Adoption Coordinator to facilitate identification of appropriate respite, replacement, Therapeutic or adoption resources for children in care.
• Oversees maintenance of appropriate records in the CONNECTIONS computer system, including assignments and new activity and cross references this with the foster home record, to assure consistency.
• Ensures that foster homes are officially opened, closed and recertified as per city and state guidelines.
• Oversees the timely and accurate recertification of all certified and approved foster homes.
• Ensures that all foster homes meet agency, city and state standards for safety and compliance.
• Reviews and maintains all foster parent records to ensure compliance with agency, city and state regulations.
• Convenes Homefinding/Intake Department meetings and attends ACS Home finding meetings.
• Participates as a treatment team member in agency case review meetings, Foster Care Rounds and Family Team Conferences when appropriate.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly reports documenting recruitment efforts (inquiries, orientations, applications), status of applicants, number of homes opened, recertified and closed.
The successful candidate must have a Master’s degree in social work and/or equivalent and two years’ experience in the field of child welfare in Homefinding / Intake. He/she must have 3-5 years’ supervisory experience and a full understanding of the Child Success New York City model. GPS II/MAPP certification and PST certification preferred. Bilingual Spanish Speaking preferred. Availability to work evenings and occasional Saturdays as needed.
To be considered, please send your resume to:
Dr. Heather Waitman
Senior Executive Vice President of Human Resources
Saint Dominic’s Family Services
500 Western Highway
Blauvelt, NY 10913
or apply online here.